Mohamed is a Partner and Head of Corporate Commercial in Al Tamimi & Co. Egypt. Mohamed has extensive experience in M&A and capital markets transactions. He has advised various local and international clients on transaction documents, deal negotiations and due diligence in the context of mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies. Prior to joining Al Tamimi & Co., Mohamed worked with Zaki Hashem & Partners between 2004 and 2010 and Matouk Bassiouny between 2011 and 2016. Mohamed is recommended by Chambers, Legal 500 and IFLR.
A snapshot of the M&A transactions he has advised on recently includes:
• Advising the shareholders of National Company for Paper Products (Import & Export S.A.E.) on the sale of their entire stake in the company to Mondi Industrial Bags B.V.
• Acting as transaction counsel in relation to the primary acquisition of Wadi ElNil for Medical Services (Lotus) S.A.E. by Infinity Capital Investments and United for Trade and Distribution along with other minority individuals.
• Advising Cairo Investment and Real estate Development (CIRA) and its major shareholder Social Impact Capital (SIC) on the acquisition of Huxley Holding Limited (an Abraaj affiliate), which had granted convertible loan to SIC, and advising SIC on the acquisition financing obtained from EFG Hermes IB Limited.
• Advising on the primary acquisition of Dsquares LLC, an Egyptian company, by Ezdehar Mid-Cap Fund Cooperatief U.A., and drafting and negotiating the transaction documents.
• Advising Fil Khedma LLC on receiving investment via convertible note instruments.
• Advising a number of investors on the acquisition of stakes in the private placement of CI Capital, one of the largest investment banks in Egypt.
• Advising the sellers on the sale of an interest in Macro Group, a leading cosmeceuticals business in Egypt, to Alta Semper Capital and CI Capital Partners.
• Advising the Founders of The Bakery Shop (TBS) and Intro Group on the exit of HM Partners from TBS and the new shareholders agreement between the Founders and Intro Group.
• Advising Infinity Solar Energy SAE & ib vogt GmbH on the acquisition of two Egyptian companies, namely, MMID 30 & TAQA 50, qualified to participate in the second round of the solar Feed-in-Tariff Program.